subtlyhers

subtlyhers

Friday, September 3, 2010

Fantasy vs. Reality

Ms Erotic, Ms Exotic's friend and co-owner of Men Submit, wrote a blog there recently about how men tend to get stuck in their fantasy world.  She talked about how men sometimes get so into the fantasy that they cannot find happiness in reality because they always compare the reality to their fantasy.  She wrote about how some men don't even try to find a real D/s relationship because they are so stuck on their fantasy.  I realize this does happen, in fact I spent several years in fantasy land myself, but I have found that the reality far surpasses the fantasy.

I wrote a response to her blog, and I would like to include it here:

From the time puberty hit until my early thirties I spent most of my time in fantasy land. Fantasy was good, and my right hand got really strong .   

I was too shy, too busy with my career, too ________ (fill in the blank, except Ms Exotic and Ms Erotic they have too much fun filling in the blank about me)  to actually have a relationship. Oh, I did have one fairly serious relationship while in college, and I dated here and there, but certainly most of my romantic and sex life was spent in fantasy land.

Since my early thirties I have actually been in two D/s relationships with a break of about a year between them. First was a long distance relationship that was mostly carried out online or on the phone, this lasted a couple of years. There was a fair amount of fantasy involved in this relationship as well. However there was also enough reality to show me that I truly needed someone to share my life with.

Next was marriage to the lovely Ms Exotic, we are at nine years and counting. I still fantasize, but the reality is so much better. 

No fantasy Domme was able to give me a child, none has shared their life with me, none has comforted me when I was injured or sick, or made me laugh when I was sad. 

It's true that Ms Exotic may not look like the barbie domme, her beauty far surpasses any leather or latex clad dominatrix I have ever imagined.

I will take Ms Exotic over fantasy any day. I'd much rather have a real hand to hold, as I journey through this life, than some figment of my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment