subtlyhers

subtlyhers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Am I really a submissive?

This is the question I have been struggling with for the past week or so. Actually I have thought about this occasionally for years, but it has been more at the forefront of my thinking in the past week. Ms Exotic became very upset with me over some issues, and she accused me of not being submissive. We have since made up, but still I am thinking about this question.

I realize I am not an easy sub to deal with, it has been said that I am spirited, it has even been said that I am a smartass. I am certainly not compliant about all things, I do not even come close to the 'slave' type of submissive.

Other than to Ms Exotic, and Ms Erotic, I am really not submissive to anyone at all. I am respectful, I am a gentleman I hope, but not a submissive. I do not believe in female superiority or supremacy. I do not believe that I must submit to a person simply because she has a vagina. My submission must be earned, Ms Exotic and Ms Erotic have earned it. If one of them ordered me to submit to someone else I would be willing to do so, but the fact of the matter is that submission would belong to Ms Exotic, or Ms Erotic, until the new person had actually earned it.

So, I realize we are getting into semantics here, I usually don't really care how I am labeled, but in this case I am trying to help myself, and Ms Exotic, better understand who I am.

I have begun to wonder if a better way of describing myself is that I am uxorious with kink. I love to take care of Ms Exotic, I try to pamper her and care for her, I feel I am very devoted to her. Most of the time I am obedient and compliant.

Must one always be obedient and compliant in order to be a submissive? No human can be so always, can they? Would a true submissive always put forth their best effort to being obedient and compliant? I don't always do so. Sometimes I get in a bad mood and I can be a real pill. I may withdraw, I may even argue. I don't argue often, but it does happen.

I guess what it all comes down to in the end is that I am a very imperfect sub, I am willing to work on becoming a better submissive, but I will never even come close to being perfect. So, now the question becomes; is Ms Exotic willing to take me as I am? So far the answer is yes, and I hope that it will always be yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment